The Kyrgyzstan-Korea Information Access Center (KKIAC) is created at the Kyrgyz State Technical University named after I. Razzakov (KSTU) on the basis “The memorandum of understanding between KSTU of the Kyrgyz Republic and NIA of the Republic of Korea on creation of the Information Access Center
The Kyrgyzstan-Korea Information Access Center for 2011-2023
Kyrgyzstan-Korea Information Access Center of KSTU I. Razzakov (hereinafter referred to as KKIAC) was established based on the “Memorandum of Understanding between the Kyrgyz State Technical University named after. I. Razzakov of the Kyrgyz Republic and the National Information Society Agency (NIA) of the Republic of Korea on the establishment of an Information Access Center”, which was signed by the parties on August 30, 2010 at the Ministry of Transport and Communications of the Kyrgyz Republic. In November and December 2010, work was carried out to prepare the premises, install and adjust the equipment.
The presentation of KKIAC took place on December 27, 2010 with participation of deputies parliament of KR, the managements of NIA and MOPAS, representatives of Embassy of the Republic of Korea in KR, the management of the Ministry of transport and communications of KR, the Ministry of Education and Science of KR, the management and collective of KSTU, representatives of the public of the KR.
KKIAC is located in the main building of KSTU, covers an area of about 500 m2 and consists of an IT technology laboratory, an Internet room, a conference room and an administrative office.
The goal of KKIAC is to promote the increase in the level of digital competencies of the population of the Kyrgyz Republic, including students, graduate students, staff and faculty of KSTU I. Razzakov to accelerate the pace of formation of the information society in the Kyrgyz Republic.
Achievements of KKIAC
From the moment of creation, work is carried out to KKIAC, according to its appointment. Various events (conferences, seminars, presentations, the Olympiad, trainings and meetings), advertising work, work with WFITV, with the population and the organizations is carried out. The main results are given below.
69 large events are held, including:
- Presentation of the MANECO project (Mobility academic network between EU and Central Asia);
- Seminar “Week of innovations of Microsoft”;
- Scientific and technical conference “Innovations Vectors for Youth”;
- Seminar of regional office of the company «Dr. Web»;
- International seminar of “Higher Education Initiative for Informatics in
- Studies for students of university in volume of 62 hours per week were
KKIAC developed the www.kkiac.kg website, which gives information on
More than 45 listeners received IT courses with Internet volunteers of the
Republic of Korea are organized, certificates.
93 events are held, including:
- An exit session of Committee Parliament of the Kyrgyz Republic by
education, science, culture, sport and religion;
- The Olympiad on programming among students;
- Conference of young scientists and students “Science – innovation bases”;
- A seminar “Access to the knowledge based on technologies for development of innovative management and business” (WIPO);
- Studies for students of university in volume of 66 hours per week were given.
Are organized language and IT courses with Internet volunteers of the Republic of Korea, certificates were received by more than 25 listeners.
Project of modernization of KKIAC designed and is transferred to NIA.
89 large events are held, including:
- The free courses “MS Office” for the population, which were carried out by forces of employees of KKIAC;
- European accreditation of an educational program of “Software engineering”;
- Studies for students of university in volume of 76 hours per week were given.
The system of a video conferencing of POLICOM VSX6000A is adjusted and put into operation; the managements are developed for programmers and operators.
KKIAC took part in competition of television centers of SPARK 2013 on the nomination IAC.
Courses of the Korean language and IT courses with Internet volunteers of the Republic of Korea who arrived of 01.09.13 until 30.11.13 were organized. Courses passed successfully, them ended and received certificates 81 listeners.
86 large events are held, including:
- Republican scientific and technical Olympiad “Scientists — to Children”;
- Presentation “Young leaders of Kyrgyzstan”;
- Meeting with delegation from University Gachon (Republic of Korea);
- Education festival “Intellectuals of the XXI century” (nation-wide scientifically technical Olympiad);
- Studies for students of university in volume of 72 hours per week were carried out.
Studies for students of university are carried out on more than 20 disciplines in the field of information and telecommunication technologies.
Are organized language and IT courses with Internet volunteers of the Republic of Korea who worked from 01.07.14 until 31.07.14. Courses ended and received certificates of 50 listeners.
A 61 event, including a quiz “About Korea”, “Week of the Korean alphabet” which were organized by Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Kyrgyzstan. Studies for students of university were given in volume of 92 hours per week. Are organized language and IT courses with WFITV who worked from 01.07.15 until 27.08.15. Courses ended and received certificates of 92 listeners.
In 2015, two teams of volunteers worked, one of whom was engaged in project work. The project team developed the website of the KKIAC.
52 events have been held, including “Competition of Oratory Arts in Korean in 2016”, “Girls Day in Information and Communication Technology”, solemn event “Kyrgyzstan-Korea Information Access Center for 5 years”.
- Training sessions for university students were conducted for 66 hours per week.
- Language and IT-courses with WFITV were organized, which worked from 03/07/16 to 25/08/16. The courses have graduated and received certificates of 81 students.
- In 2016, two teams of volunteers worked, one of whom was engaged in project work. The project team developed a program for automatic distribution of the university’s classrooms.
52 events were held, including the quiz “About Korea 2017”, “Oratory in Korean 2017” (Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Kyrgyzstan), scientific and technical Olympiad for schoolchildren in conjunction with the children’s engineering and technical academy “Altyn tuyun ”, Trainings on computer literacy, presentation of the Academy of Programming“ Coder ”.
- Training sessions for university students were carried out for 84 hours per week.
- Language and IT courses were organized with WFITV, which worked from 07/01/17 to 08/25/17. More than 100 students have completed the courses and received certificates.
- In 2017, 2 teams of volunteers worked, one of which was engaged in project work. The project team developed a new version of the KKIAC website www.kkiac.kg.
- Various groups of the population are represented at the courses with WFITV: schoolchildren (30%), students (40%), civil servants (10%), university teachers (10%), homemakers (5%), and the unemployed (5%).
- The center is recognized as the best among 45 IACs in 50 countries.
90 events were held, including the “Oratory Contest in Korean 2018” (Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Kyrgyzstan), a scientific and technical seminar on the topic “Web of Science”, and training of the “General Electric” company.
- Training sessions for university students were conducted for 122 hours per week.
In 2019, 114351 people used the resources of the KKIAC, or an average of 9530 per month, 2381 per week, and 340 per day.
- 54 events were held, including a lecture “History of Northeast Asia” (Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Kyrgyzstan), a social training seminar “Study and work in Korea”, a forum “Women in STEM”, a seminar “Development of the Kyrgyz Korean Economic Cooperation and Friendship”, competition “ Oratory. Quiz “(Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Kyrgyzstan).
- Training sessions for university students were held for 104 hours per week. In 2019, 2 teams of volunteers worked, who arrived in Bishkek on July 18, 2019, and were supposed to complete their work on August 17, 2019. However, due to emergencies, the volunteers completed their work ahead of schedule on August 10. Language and IT courses were organized, for which we recruited 109 listeners.
- In November, the second renovation of the center was carried out by NIA, and on December 10 – December 2019, the reopening ceremony of the KKIAC took place with the participation of the Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Kyrgyzstan Mr. Ha Tae Yok and Vice-President of the NIA Ms. He-yeong Kim.
9 events were held, and then we went into quarantine mode due to COVID-19 from March 13, 2020 to September 01, 2021.
In 2020, 12800 people used the resources of the KKIAC.
- In four months, 78 events were held, including presentations of the High-Tech Park of the Kyrgyz Republic, STEM Education Opportunities in the Kyrgyz Republic, a meeting of representatives of IT companies of Kyrgyzstan with students of the Faculty of Information Technology, the Asian School Olympiad in physics.
- Summer online courses were organized with Internet volunteers from the Republic of Korea “Programming in the C language”, “Programming in the Python language”, 41 students of the courses received a certificate.
- Training sessions for university students were conducted for 102 hours per week.
For 4 months of 2021, 74333 people used the resources of KKIAC, or on average 6194 per month, 1510 per week, 302 per day.
58 events were held, including online testing “On the admission of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic to higher educational institutions in Hungary”, courses “Soft Skills”, “New innovations in engineering”, within the framework of the project “Satellite construction-as development of the STEM direction in the Kyrgyz Republic, the 6th international scientific and practical conference on the topic “Modern challenges of logistics 4.0” and the courses “Fundamentals of data analytics” by experts from Finland for employees of government agencies.
Training sessions for university students were held for 63 hours a week.
in 2022, 24254 people used the resources of the KCCID, or an average of 18688 per month, 4672 per week, and 667 per day.
- 25 events were held, including the Fundamentals of Data Analytics courses by experts from Finland for government employees, Project Management courses, Guest lecture for FIT students. Guest lecturer professor from the USA Ms.
- Aisha Voui on the topic of IT education, defense of the projects of the international forum “We are the intellectuals of the XXI century” conducts the MES KR and a lecture by the professor of the Technical University of Lublin, on the topic “Preparation of scientific publications” for teachers and IIT students.
- Summer online courses with Internet volunteers of the Republic of Korea “Website Development” and “Artificial Intelligence” were organized.
- Training sessions for university students were held for 25 hours a week.
In 2023, 50103 people used the resources of the KKIAC, or an average of 8351 per month, 2088 per week, and 299 per day.
By regular testing, maintenance and restoration, computers and network equipment of the KKIAC are kept in exemplary order. To date, all the staff equipment is functioning well.
There is always free access to personal computers and the Internet for anyone.
- KKIAC works from 800 – 1700 five days a week: Monday – Friday, if necessary until 23:00, as well as on Saturdays and Sundays.
The staff consists of 3 people: a director and 2 leading specialists.